Find a Club Near You
What Students are Saying About Global Issues Club
Click on the questions to see the student responses.
Q: I would like to know more about how you feel about the time you spend at Global Issues Club meetings. (Is what you learn valuable? Are meetings run efficiently? Did the things you learn inspire you?)
- “It’s very fun and I learned a lot! I like group discussions in the meetings.”
- “Yes, I learned a lot about topics that are very important to me, and global issues played a role.”
- “I love the meetings, I always have a lot of fun and learn a lot.”
- “Yes, it’s good to be exposed to issues outside our sheltered lives in Columbia, MO.
…That being said, I always have a good time and I am pretty inspired by many of the people that I learn about in the club.”
- “I think they are, for the most part, the perfect combination of goof-off v. work hard.”
- “I love this club so much. Of course the meetings weren’t always efficient, but I think that’s okay. We are still a club and we should still have fun. We had fun making a difference.”
- “I think it’s valuable. At first I was bummed about the whole learning part b/c I came to hang out w/ friends, but I’ve enjoyed many of the presentations. They make me think.”
- “I enjoy the meeting, very informative, although they could be more organized.”
- “Yes, it’s so awesome to see/realize that our money raised is making a difference. I love this club and it’s been quite an adventure!”
Q: What changes can we make to enhance Global Issues Club? (What should we keep and what should we change?)
- “I like the relaxed atmosphere! I feel like we should have more of a ‘plan of attack’ for future meetings.”
- “I like the low-key atmosphere at meetings (it balances well w/ the seriousness of our causes)”
Q: Are you interested in working in the nonprofit sector, as a career?
- “Actually yes. After I graduate from med school and getting a few years of experience under my belt (and paying off loans), I’d like to join Doctors without Borders. The world needs more helpers—I’m there bro.”
- “I hope to work with Doctors without Borders after I retire.”
- “Maybe, not as a career, but I plan to volunteer when I can for the rest of my life.”
- “Not as a career, but I do volunteer with different non-profits.”
- “Not maybe as a career, but definitely off to the side. I’m in love with volunteer work and non-profit organizations.”